SEO Services & Conversion
Traffic to your website can arrive from various sources, Search Engine Optimisation can obviously help with driving traffic from search engines, but other sources of traffic should not be ignored.
Visitors to your site will come from:
- An awareness of your business and your company name
- Searching for your products or services
- Seeing your details on a business card or advert
- Referrals from existing customers
- links from other websites
- Paid search e.g. Pay Per Click or Display Advertising
Searching for your business name
If you already have a website try searching for your site by name. Hopefully, you will find your business on the first page, ideally at the top. However, sometimes this is not the case. Directory sites or social networks may appear above you.
The growth of mobile devices has dramatically changed search. Your potential customers are using location-aware devices to find products and services. Often qualifying their search term with “near me” rather than typing a place name.
The search engines work very hard to ensure that their results are relevant to the searcher. Which is why searching for “interior designer Cheltenham” will produce different search results than “interior designer Glasgow”.
When a visitor types your domain name into their web browser, they are taken directly to your site. Monitoring these sources can help identify which elements of your off-line marketing are working and how well your brand is being remembered.
There are almost a limitless number of directories on the internet, some good and some not so good. The Yellow Pages used to be the default place for UK businesses to advertise, subsequently replaced by yell.com. Referral traffic is the term used to identify visitors to your site arriving via another website (by clicking on a hyperlink).
It is important to understand that you can not “game” the search engines on a long-term basis. Good Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) should be focused on helping the search engines find your content and provide meaningful information to visitors.
An SEO campaign can be broken down into stages; starting with getting the basics right. In almost every case we follow these steps:
- Audit the website to ensure that there are no technical issues that could prevent the search engines from accessing all relevant content
- Ensure that the site performs properly on a range of mobile devices
- Audit the backlink profile to identify any negative aspects that may harm the site’s reputation
- Ensure that the site ranks well for a brand and/or company name
- Identify relevant keywords that the business should be ranking for
- Audit site content to ensure that visitors can find interesting and informative content about the services and products
- Setup and monitor conversion metrics to test and improve performance
Having identified what work needs carrying out we then agree a plan to address any gaps in the above process. Once these necessary steps have been taken, you can then confidently expand your online marketing efforts into Social and
Paid marketing channels.
Contact us to get started.
We’d love to hear from you and build out your next exciting project. Drop us a line and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Chris Clarke Web Services
3 Belmore House
Cheltenham. GL53 7JX
Phone: 01242 583467